12 January, 2007

Let the Genius Begin

So, though cliche, one of my resolutions this year was to write more. Really, my main resolution was to have a better 2007 than 2006. So far, I've been wildly successful.

Before Grandma Bus decided to go bowling with Jesus, I used to call her almost every day to let her know what was going on in my life: exciting, mundane, or generally awesome... So, I guess that this blogging effort is sort of a virtual Grandma-- except, you know, a blog doesn't leave chocolate coins in my shoes for Epiphany (and try to convince me 'it was the camels!') or harrumph its way through Amazing Grace (Protestant Song!). This blog is named in honor of her. It's her most polite curse word.

Those who know about this page are no doubt those "most closest" to me anyway, so you're probably sick of hearing about my Baja trip already. I keep regaling others with stories as the inspiration strikes, (read: the flashbacks won't stop). It's hard to believe a week has passed. I'm different because of this trip. Actually, I think this trip reminded me of me. I'm a better Deniser because I spent a week pursuing 'all manner of creature in a warm corn tortilla." Deep.

Anyway, I told my students about the fishing portion of the excursion. Today, while correcting vocab quizzes, I recieved these artistic interpretations of that stellar event. Here they are for your enjoyment.









I touch the future. I teach.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love that your students latched onto the brief moment of sealdom. I supposed they were not regaled with too many other details. =) He was cute though.

Glad you had a good time. Next stop...infamy!