29 January, 2007

The Trade

I knew there was a problem when he trimmed the beard.

Okay, so much has been made lately of the possibility that Pau Gasol (see links list) wants to be traded to the Bulls. A few people who know my nefarious past with him (I'll admit nothing) have asked me to contibute to the discourse. Let me just say this.

TRADE HIM! TRADE HIM! TRADE HIM!



Mr. Heisley and Mr. West,
If you're reading this, I just want to let you know, as someone who KNOWS (a little too well) your little basketball operation over there, that Pau needs to go. My reasons are as follows: 1) he is not going to ever find a good wife over there, one who'll love and support him for him, and not his gobs of money, and will speak Spanish to him and and buy him clothes that are not ill-fitting and have the genetics and general know-how to produce an Heir that is, at minimum, 7'4" (male or female) and reading by age 2. (2) because he can't eat out at Bluefin Sushi every morning at 2 AM and expect to be happy/ gain the 20 pounds you seem to think he needs, 3) since you fired the other Catholic in Memphis, Mike Fratello, I'm worried that Pau will lack spiritual support and go astray in his faith formation, 4) it's going to take a lot to resurrect YET ANOTHER GRIZZLIES PR NIGHTMARE, (all the Heisley Gold Nuggets and KFC Bribes in the world will not pacify the City of Good Abode!) and 5) I can think of 86 MILLION other reason$ it's time to cut bait.

Face it, Pau needs help. Once he heals, he'll be, as Arch loves to say, "totally powerhouse". However, he will not be the franchise player you seem to want to anoint him as until he has a solid group of teammates. Send him to Chicago. Rebuild with the spoils. He'll do well, you'll do well.

Plus, if he goes to the Bulls I'll get to watch him live on WGN every night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.