20 April, 2007

my pseudo-quasi-coma



Extra points if you can name that painting. It's in my top three

So, news of my death has been slightly exaggerated.

My students' trip to DC last month, with the exception of the opportunity of seeing Megan, and our Catholic-school-teacher-in-a-hotel-room-debauchery (we're, like, crazy!), was the ultimate busterduck. Wonderful, and yet tremendously terrible. I'll not subject you to the pictures. The good news of this trip is that I have inherited Herr Tiger and I have a crush on a man of the cloth. (not again! *sigh*)

Anyway, I caught some kind of virus/cough-thing in DC and have not been well since. I've been sleeping
22-hour days because of the drugs, and just returned to school Tuesday. My Easter vacation was spent in bed. Four weeks
after my trip, and I still have a 100 degree fever, multiple prescriptions, and a partially collapsed lung.

I am taking TWO NARCOTICS! It's awesome, but not helping. I can tell you, though, that my dreams are GREAT! So, even though I haven't been keeping up with everybody in the real world, I probably have hallucinated that we hung out. We went on a spaceship, sold llama steaks, and panned for gold in the River Jordan together! Woo-hoo! I highly recommend Tussionex cough syrup. This codeine-infused little bottle of joy is only a $15 copay! A great deal. And you can get yummy orange flavor! Get thee to a pharmacist!

Needless to say, I've basically fallen off the world for the last month. I fell of this blog three months, ago, apologies.

I finally caught up with the last month's phone messages (50!) and emails
(400!). Lo and behold, earlier this week the Morrissey Fan Club was sending out passes for tonight's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show. I missed it! AAAAAARRRGGGHH! Gotta set those TiVos! Also, I'm planning a nationwide stalking/pilgrimage to the East coast this summer. It just happens that Morrissey is playing the EXACT NIGHT in the EXACT CITIES I'm traveling to! Yup, I'm disposing of my income.

I just realized that I forgot to update about THE GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE, the Morrissey concert in Pasadena in February. That one night was enough to sustain and renew my fandom, and the hope of a repeat has inspired me to devote yet another summer to follwing THE MAN around. Details soon, I guess.

Probably in another three months...

1 comment:

Meg said...

It's the rugrats. They're known disease hosting vermin. ;-)

Hope you feel better soon, and I will require Herr Tiger Puppet's return no later than mid-July.